Jane Dodd Jewellery
Episode:20Te Papa Collection:Art and Photography
Suggested curriculum levels:3 – 6
Description:The three little pigs are not only the stuff of stories before bedtime. They're the inspiration for contemporary jeweller Jane Dodd.
Questions for students
- Describe the bracelet and the items on it in your own words. What is it made of? What does it represent to you?
- Describe the three rings, including how they are made and what each one represents. What is your opinion of the set?
- Do you agree or disagree that the artist, Jane Dodd, has 'extended the fairy tale' in her work? Give your reasons.
- Why do you think Te Papa chose to add these items as part of its 'commitment to craft artists in New Zealand'?
- Compare Dodd's work with that of another New Zealand jeweller or craft artist. Use the 'Comparisons' response template to record your ideas.